Friday 1 February 2019

What else do you do on a snowy day!


It snowed all of last night, and most of today.  The kids all got a day off school/college.  They rushed out to build a snowman (once they’d got up!) and that was it.  We’re bored with it now!  But it has given me an opportunity to write another little blog update. 

That’s both of my New Year’s resolutions still on track….a miracle indeed! 😊 My personal resolution was to lose some weight, ideally three stone!  Well, after falling off the wagon a few times, and either drinking too much or eating too much, I still somehow managed to lose a smidgeon under half a stone in January!  I’m counting that as a good result.  I’m also still going to two fitness classes every week, a NIA class and a Zumba Gold class.  That’s not bad for someone without rhythm and with two left feet. 😂

Apart from boogieing my fat away in January, I’ve exhibited at one wedding fair, at the very lovely Trunkwell House.  It was incredibly busy, with so many newly engaged couples turning up to look at the venue and to meet a huge selection of wedding suppliers.  I am looking forward to meeting many of them again over the next couple of months for your wedding cake consultations. 

I have made a few birthday cakes and a christening cake too, January has not been idle.  I even did my tax return with a week to spare.  Wedding cakes begin again in March.   

February will see me exhibiting at two more wedding fairs – The Lismoyne Hotel in Fleet on the 3rd February and The Casa Hotel on the 16th February.  Please do come along to one of those if you are looking for wedding suppliers.  I also have two full days of consultations, having added another date due to popular demand.

I have extended my wedding cake offer until the end of February because that was so popular.  A three-tier naked or semi-naked cake for just £280 if the deposit is paid by end of February.  Details below. 


I showed off some wedding favour cookies at Trunkwell House.  These are now available to buy, designs and colours will be to suit you.  I will be making some more examples over the next few weeks to show off on my Facebook Page. 

Which brings me to Valentine’s Day.  I will be making a set of Valentine’s Day Cookies which you can win in a free draw competition.  So keep an eye on my Facebook Page.  The competition will be open to anybody who can collect the cookies from me, or lives in the local area. 

100 Orangutans and 100 palm trees will also be making an appearance. All to be revealed at the end of the month. 😃

And the most exciting news is I’m off to Wales next Friday to compete in the Welsh National Cake Competition.  Fingers crossed I can produce a piece worthy of some award.  It’s a bit of a roadtrip with some of my cake sisters; Jo from Cakey Heaven in Fleet, Sue from Ditsy’s Cakes in Andover, Jojo from Jojo’s Cupcake Madness in Southampton and Kim from Kimmy’s Cakes, also Southampton based.  It will be a laugh if nothing else, but let’s hope we bring some awards back to Hampshire. 

That’s a little update on my January, and what’s in store for February. 
Sonja x


No comments:

Post a Comment